Sunday 7 May 2017

Me Made May 2017, Week One

This is my first time taking part in Me Made May and I am alternating between excitement and trepidation. I am waiting to see what I will learn about my me-made wardrobe. Where will the gaps be, what suits me best and are there any outfits that I definitely shouldn't be wearing in public. I am looking forward to finding out.

Monday 1st May
Today is May Bank Holiday, so no work, hurray! I planned a day in the garden digging and planting potatoes - what to wear?
I made this jumper a long while ago when I was a stay at home Mum and it is ideal for a day in the garden. I don't do much knitting at the moment because it is too time consuming for my lifestyle. The pattern came from Glorious Knitting by Kaffe Fassett

This jumper is loose and comfortable and such lovely warm colours.

There is a small hole which I have mended with a broach shaped like a cat on a cushion. It is made of wood and was given to me by my husband on our 5th  (wooden) wedding anniversary.


Tuesday, 2nd May
Back to work today and this is currently my favourite dress so I am starting my week with it. Butterick 6258

















Wednesday, 3rd May
Two me made items today. My vintage style 60s blouse, covered in little owls, and a short jersey skirt. New look 6217

















Thursday, 4th May
Yesterday I felt cold so today I wrapped up warmer and guess what? The sun came out and I was too hot!

This short, stripy skirt is a Me Made pencil skirt with darts front and back and a side zip. The black and white stripes have gone a bit funny on the photo. This is one of my wardrobe staples. It has never been blogged before.






















Friday, 5th May
Gold and black blouse, Burda Style 6/2013 pattern 118. 
RTW black trousers.



















Saturday, 6th May
Me made long sleeved T-shirt, Butterick 6258
RTW jeans
Thrifted leather belt which I always wear with jeans to keep them up once the denim starts to stretch. 

This is the first thing that I ever wrote a blog post about when I started this blog in January.














Sunday, 7th May
This turned out to be such a versatile outfit. It took me from church in the morning to an afternoon out at the local country park with the dog, boys playing football and a spot of rock climbing

Me made kimono T-shirt, New Look 6217
RTW trousers 
Black RTW cardigan















I have arrived safely at the end of my first week of Me made May. It has certainly made me think more about what I am wearing and challenged me to incorporate something that I have made every day. I had a bit of a crisis on Saturday when I couldn't find the T-shirt I planned to wear and had to find an alternative. I can confirm that I am short of casual tops and trousers that I have made myself. 

2 comments:

  1. You have some lovely makes here Rosemary. I love your stripy jumper and the flowery dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Caroline
    At first I really didn't like the flowery dress but I shortened it and now it is a favourite. I am really enjoying Me Made May, finding something different to wear every day is making me think and rummage through my wardrobe

    ReplyDelete